Careers - Packaging and Logistics (Evening/Morning Shift)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A
LOGISTICS & PACKAGING ASSOCIATE
Sugar Daddies Bakery, a local bakery startup is looking to hire part-time help in Cambridge (Galt). This is a part-time position requiring work availability during the day hours. Weekend work may also be required on occasion.
Our Fulfillment team is responsible for picking, packing and shipping customer orders. The job requires someone with the ability to stand for the duration of the shift. Items are picked based on customer packing slip, sent through a quality process, packed in the appropriate box for shipping. Accuracy is critical.
Main Job Duties are described below:
- Prioritize cleanliness and health standards at all times.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging standards.
- Package products and label containers in preparation for shipment and storage.
- Examine and inspect containers, and products in order to ensure quality product standard and specifications are met.
- Pick products required for customer orders, package, and QC for accuracy.
- Package bakery products into appropriate containers and case for delivery.
- Load products into freezer, fridge, ambient storage, or delivery vehicles.
- Load delivery vehicles and co-ordinate vehicle departures to ensure on-time-performance is maintained.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, and work areas, used during shift using the approved cleaning and sanitation processes.
- Communicate End of Shift Status to Head of Operations on a daily basis
- At least one year of warehouse and/or packaging experience.
- Prior bakery knowledge/experience is an asset
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Work well independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and availability to work varied shifts including early morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Physical ability to stand, lift, and handle up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be self-motivated (i.e. does not always have to be prompted to start and complete tasks)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated
- Ability to follow established company policies
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
Sugar Daddies Bakery promotes equal employment opportunities for all job
Sugar Daddies Bakery promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth, LGBTQ2.
If this role sounds interesting to you, and you meet the qualifications, please forward your resume along with the reason why you feel you are a good fit for this role to HR@sugardaddiesbakery.ca