Careers - Packaging and Logistics (Day Shift)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A
PACKAGING AND LOGISTICS CO-ORDINATOR (Full Time Day Shift)
Sugar Daddies Bakery, a local bakery startup is looking to hire full-time help in Cambridge (Galt). This is a part-time position requiring work availability during the day hours. Weekend work may also be required on occasion.
This role ensure that manufactured items are ready for shipment by placing them in containers, sealing, and labeling items, and preparing them for transport to our various retail partners in a timely fashion.
Main Job Duties are described below:
- Prioritize cleanliness and health standards at all times.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging standards.
- Package products and label containers in preparation for shipment and storage.
- Co-Ordinate with Kitchen Manager to prioritize and adjust product baking schedules to match delivery requirements.
- Examine and inspect containers, and products in order to ensure quality product standard and specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified documents.
- Assist with the co-ordinating of delivery schedules and customer pickups
- Load materials and products into freezer, fridge, or ambient storage
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, and work areas, using approved cleaning and sanitation processes.
- Communicate End of Shift Status to Head of Operations on a daily basis
On occasion you may be asked to perform the following:
- Assist kitchens with baking support operations.
- At least one year of warehouse and/or packaging experience.
- Previous experience with nutrition and/or a ketogenic lifestyle would be considered an asset
- Prior bakery knowledge/experience is an asset
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Work well independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and availability to work varied shifts including early morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary
- Physical ability to stand, lift, and handle up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be self-motivated (i.e. does not always have to be prompted to start and complete tasks)
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record as a self-starter; dedicated and goal orientated
- Ability to follow established company policies
- Excellent command of the English language both verbal and written
Sugar Daddies Bakery promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth, LGBTQ2.
If this role sounds interesting to you, and you meet the qualifications, please forward your resume along with the reason why you feel you are a good fit for this role, to email@example.com