We strive to incorporate sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. We have adopted the following Environmentally Friendly policies and practices, specifically:
- Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Purchase environmentally friendly products
- Conserve energy, water and natural resources
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Increase waste diversion by recycling all paper, bottles and cans and where possible, composting all food and landscape waste.
- Reduce the waste generated by donating reusable office items (furniture, stationary) to charitable organizations.
- Train staff to reduce take-out food packaging.
Reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment. Specifically:
- Dispose of or recycle toxic products safely
- Choose less toxic janitorial cleaning products
- Recycle waste lamps, batteries, aerosol cans, and other universal waste
- Batteries – purchase rechargeable batteries only
- Lamps – purchase LED lamps when possible
- No dumping down the storm drains
ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS PURCHASING
Purchase and Use:
- Remanufactured toner cartridges
- Office & toilet paper with 35%-100% recycled content (or tree free paper)
- Products with recyclable plastic, no styrofoam, no aerosol
- Energy Star rated appliances and office equipment
- Most water efficient toilets and faucet aerators
- Energy saving light bulbs
Conserve fossil fuels by promoting the use of public transit and encouraging carpooling. Deliver our products using an electric vehicle whenever possible.
We will inform employees and customers of environmental issues in company newsletters, training material and staff meeting discussions.
What You Can Do
We encourage customers to join us in our efforts to reduce food packaging.
Actions You Can Take
- If you don’t need a bag for your purchase, or if we can reduce the packaging of your treats in anyway, please let us know.
- Reuse to go containers. Wash the sturdy plastic to-go containers and lids in the top rack of your dishwasher. Bring them in again for re-use.
- Recycle to go containers at home. Rinse the containers out thoroughly and put them in your recycle bin. If you can’t reuse the containers yourself, help to get them recycled into something else. Keep recyclables out of the landfill.
- Relax and dine here in our cafe instead of taking food to go. Enjoy your meal on plate here instead of in a container somewhere else. We’d love to have you stay and savor your meal. Plates, flatware and glasses can all be washed and used again.